Background

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

WORKOUT WEDNESDAY

Yes...I totally stole the whole idea of Workout Wednesday from Legally Fabulous (thanks girl) but I just loved the idea. 

So as of July 1, 2010 I have been running at the trail everyday (well I may have missed 1-2 days due to a hangover LOL)....but other than that I have been on track.  One of the main benefits of moving back to Nacogdoches was because of this trail that we have.  The trail follows a creek and it is in the shade for the most part- which is great for Extremely white girls like me HAHA.  I love love love my trail and love getting up early before work each morning to go. My dog loves it also.....It never fails.....she is at the foot of my bed at 5:50am every morning with her tail wagging and ready to go.  HOW IN THE WORLD DOES SHE KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS???? I swear she can read the clock haha. 

The part of the trail that I do is 3.1 miles (5 K) so I would have to say that I walk 1 mile and jog the rest. 
Calculations:

  • Miles ran since July 1, 2010 = 80 miles
Wow.....Pretty impressed with myself.  I would LOVE to go longer but there just isn't enough time in the mornings :(    I see people at the trail between 5 and 6pm.  ARE THESE PEOPLE NUTS???? It is so smoking hot at that time and I think I would have a heart attack after 2 minutes out there.  No Thank You.  I will stick to my mornings. 

Now I know you are sick of me talking about this trail ...LOL.  But 1 more thing. Something strange has occurred....Yes, even stranger than the lady with the walker, her dog running around and pipe in her hand at 6am in the morning smoking weed (whole other story).  There are several bridges that you must pass on the trail.  The other day Kayla (my dog) stopped on the bridge and started barking at the bridge.  So I stopped to check it out and there was something popping out of the boards on the bridge.  It was VERY weird....like some sort of claw, but a pretty good size object. So I was not sure if there was a person under the bridge doing that or some sort of creature.  Needless to say- every time we cross this bridge now- I stop right before it and then run like the devil is chasing me over it.  I'm sure one of these days someone is going to see me and think I am CRAZY...but I don't care...I'm not letting whatever that was get me.  HAHAH.

In addition to Workout Wednesday I will share with you my most recent purchase.  I am such a sucker for workout info. commercials and have a whole house of lovely products that I just had to have after watching the before and after pictures of people. 

I saw these people dancing around with their cha-cha sticks and having a great time....so guess what I did...That's right...I ordered it.  It came in last week and I was very excited.  Yes, the cha-cha sticks are actually weights that make noise but they are pretty fun.  The only thing is that the actual Zumba part is pretty hard if you don't have wood floors or tile (very hard to move around on carpet).  But it did come with a toning and sculpting DVD that is good. 


That is all I have for today! Take care!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment