Background

Monday, August 16, 2010

FAVORITE THINGS- AUGUST

Well alot of bloggers do the whole "Not Me Monday" but everyday for me is a "Not Me" moment so I have decided to use this Monday to blog about my favorite things so far this month. With my move from the big city to the country, I haven't been able to do my normal shopping but I have still managed to find some good deals. If you know me well then you know that for the most part I do not buy anything unless its on sale. I'm kinda cheap...but oh well. (Well except for panties.....Victoria Secret is a MUST..hahaha).


FAVORITE THINGS FOR AUGUST


LOVE THESE!!!  I picked these up at Target for $7.00 yesterday.  You heard me right ...... $7.00.  They go with black or brown or khaki and love them.










If you know me at all then you know my obsession with animal prints especially Zebra.  I found this Make-Up Valet at Target on sale for $12.00.  It has TONS of pouches for brushes, powders, etc.  It also has a hanger so that you could hang it on a door or mirror. (Oh and the fabric just wipes off- good for me because somehow I manage to ruin make-up bags in like a month).



If you don't buy make-up from http://www.eyeslipsface.com/ than you are really missing out.  A friend of mine introduced me to this fabulous company a few years ago and I have ordered from them ever since.  Now don't get me wrong ....I still use my MAC foundation/powder ....but for everything else E.L.F. is the way to go.  You would think after looking at this site that it is all cheapo stuff but when you use it ...IT IS WONDERFUL.  Once you order once, they send you emails like once a month with amazing deals. No shipping, 50% off, etc.  Their packaging is cheap but I think it is just because they charge next to nothing for their products. 

This new product is called MINERAL FACE PRIMER ($6.00) and it is like a primer for your make-up.  It is the coolest feeling stuff I have ever put on my face.  It really makes your make-up stay on all day.  I have seen a similar product on TV called "photo-finish"....but that is like $25.00.  This stuff is amazing.



Here is another MUST HAVE from E.L.F..  It is an eye shadow primer and an eyeliner sealer all in one.  You can use the eyeliner side and dip it into any of your eye shadows and line your eyes (this makes your eyeliner any color you want).  The Eye Primer side goes on your lid to hold your shadow in place.  Love this also!!!








Saw this skirt (among others things) on a sale rack at BELK.  They were having a huge sale!  It was originally $78.00 and I walked away with it for $20.00.  They have it in several colors.  It is little silver and gold things on the bottom and makes it a little fancier than just a plain skirt.  Bought this is black and have every intention of wearing it with the cheetah heels LOL.


BY THE WAY- since we don't have normal big chain department stores, BELK has become my new best friend (mini-Dillards) haha.










LOVE LOVE LOVE my new Nike Navina Shox.  Even though they are terrible for trail running (I know Amanda LOL) they are so comfortable....not to mention Extremely cute :) and Nike's new fabric just wipes clean. Had mine for almost a month and use them everyday and they still look brand new. These are a little costly BUT very worth every penny.



I have really been good about drinking my 10 glasses of water daily (almost become an obsession- I even got an Iphone Ap to track my water) I'm a dork I know haha.  But I love my new hot pink Brita Water Filter Pitcher. They have it at Target and Walmart (I know I hate Walmart too).  I think mine was about $25.00 but they saves buying water bottles and it is ECO friendly.







LOSE IT APP.   This IPhone Ap is wonderful.  It allows you to put in your goal weight and set up a plan.  It tells you what you need to do to reach your goal.  It also lets you enter all of your meals for the day and calculates your calorie intake.  You can put in your exercise and it adds the calories lost.  At the end of the day is calculates everything and tells you if you are over or under.  The App is FREE and it is great....It makes you accountable for everything that you eat/drink and the exercise that you engage in. 


Even though I am not into the whole "Vampire" craze I love the new TV show The Gates.  It is about a community that is filled with vampires, werewolves, etc and the kids in The Gates are involved also. 




I saw this stuff on a commercial and was pretty skeptical but I bought it last night and to my surprise....IT IS AMAZING.  I used it on my glass coffee tables, my kitchen tables and counters and even in the bathroom.  It cleaned every surface.  2 Thumbs up....I can now throw all of  my cleaning supplies away and only use one!!!! WOW!  (Oh and they have different fragrances- the Rain smells pretty!)







I have never been a really big wine drinker but this stuff is amazing.  I bought the blanc instead of the Merlot.  VERY GOOD.  This was $2.97 at Walmart. 















Well I have pretty much been blogging ALL morning long.  I guess its time to get to work.  More to come later........

1 comment:

  1. love your favorite things post. I can get you some good wine girlfriend and make you become a wino just like me :)

    ReplyDelete