Background

Thursday, August 5, 2010

My First Blog....readers beware!!!

Well.....this is my first blog so bare with me.  I have always thought these blogs were sort of silly but I have become addicted to my best friend Amanda's blog.  I love laughing at all the funny things she encounters from day to day.  So where to begin......

I just moved back to Nacogdoches a month ago and am loving it.  I have been coaching high school drill team for the past 3 years in Fort Worth and let me tell you briefly about that adventure.  When I started I thought things were going to be a piece of cake, lots of high expectations, and outrageous dreams (just like many first year teachers).  I got through my first summer of camps at fancy hotels where the dance camp staff took care of everything....life in my eyes was great!  That is until ...it was all on me.  My first year as a high school drill team Director was ROUGH (to say the least).  I had absolutely no time for myself, no help, parents who thought it was a great idea to call the old Director/Principal instead of me for things, enough paperwork to fill the White House, buses that were always late or lost, and 400 high school girls.  After barely making it through the first year alive, it all got a little better from there. No one knows how much time and commitment it takes to coach a team.  After years of feeling like I have had absolutely NO time to myself, I decided that it was time for a change.  In February I resigned and in April decided to move back to East Texas for a more simpler life.  I am so glad that is the decision that I made.  I love my morning runs in the park with my dog, going to Starbucks, going to a stress-free job with a boss that is AMAZING, and leaving when the church bells start ringing at 5.  Even though I took a significant pay cut, it was well worth it.  I miss my girls like crazy (even with all of their drama, they always made me laugh) but I knew this was the best decision for myself.

Moving on to a way better subject.....My best friend Lauren and Zach are expecting their first child, Hunter Babb.  Lauren is so ready to pop...so we are just waiting for that little guy to come on out.  He is due any day now and everyone is super excited. 

1 comment:

  1. Kp!!! I had no idea you have started a blog. You are a perfect person to blog because you always have a crap load of hilarious things to say!!! Check out K Smi's blog!! :)
    www.karahstracener.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete